Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to install an HP Officejet 5610 All-In-One Printer. About 3/4 of the way through the installation I am getting an error that says, "The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. You may be experiencing this because the computer is in safe mode, or the Windows Installer is not installed properly,

I have installed Windows Installer 3.1, and I still get the same error. I spent 3 hours on the phone with HP to make sure the issue wasn't on their side. They assured me that it wasn't. So, Please help me if you can.

Here is heading that is in the error box when I get it:

F:Setup\hpzmsi01.exe -m selfinstallingportmonitor ENU C:Windows\hypoins07.dat -Validate NO -w720940

f: = my cd drive

Thank You
------
Windows XP Home Edition SP2
Sony Vaio PCG-GRX570

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
Have you tried installing the software from a downloaded driver instead of from the CD? You may have defective media, and there are probably updates to the driver and software anyway.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just downloaded the drivers only from the website. It worked, I can now print to the machine. But again 3/4 of the way through the installation I got that same error message again. I am able to print to the machine now, but none of the software is installed on my computer. As a result I can't scan or monitor ink levels or anything else. Does anyone else have any other ideas?
Thanks.

·
TSF Enthusiast
6,298 Posts
Hi again sorrells, I found a help page from HP here. Hopefully it will help; it's pretty complicated but it's laid out well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.