Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all.

I recently tried to reinstall Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars on my machine, but received an error message saying, "The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if you are running Windows in safe mode, or if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance."

I've tried a few different solutions including reregistering and reinstalling the Installer, but I'm still receiving this error message. Perhaps the most annoying thing is that, like I said, this is a reinstallation, so it did work at one point. I seriously regret uninstalling it now... :sigh:

I'm running XP SP2, if it helps. I'm also about ten failed attempts away from throwing the DVD into the garbage can.

Any ideas would be most welcome.

EDIT: I was able to install a couple of other games that don't seem to use .msi files, which is what makes me think the problem is with the Windows Installer. These games are Impossible Creatures, Battle for Middle Earth 2, and The Sims 2 Pets. Again, I'm not sure, but these games seemed to have their own installer files, so the problem is probably with the Windows Installer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.