Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Asus G1 gaming laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium pre-installed on it. I was using it to type up an english essay when I decided to take a nap. So i left it open and took a 3 hour nap. I came back, and it was hibernating, so i click some keys and move the mouse and it doesnt wake up, so I hold the power button to make it shut off, then repower it back on. Unfortunatly, i get the following messege:

---------------------------------------------
Windows Error Recovery
Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause.

If Windows files have been damaged or configured incorrectly, Startup Repair can help diagnose and fix the problem. If power was interrupted during starup, choose Start Windows Normally.
(Use the arrow keys to highlight your choice.)

Launch Startup Repair (recommended)
Start Windows Normally

Description: Fix problems that are preventing Windows from starting

ENTER = Choose
---------------------------------------------------

I heard from someone that if you try to pirate vista it will mess up its boot files or somthing, but i havent done anything like that. All i use my laptop is for playing WoW (dont flame me for that =\), using internet explorer (dont flame me for that either =\) and writing english essays. I really need this problem solved because every time i have to do my homework, i have to find an avaliable computer at a computer lab.

I submitted a tech support request to Asus but they havent gotten back to me yet. If anyone can help at all it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
66 Posts
what happens if you tell it to start windows normally?
most of the time, that works fine - the error is just because you powered it off instead of letting it shut down cleanly

edit: btw, there is nothing wrong with WoW - my wife and I both waste large portions of our lives there ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It starts up for a little bit...then it does a quick (less than a second) blue screen (of death i presume), then restarts, which leads to the same screen described above. =\

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.