Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have Windows 98se w/ Corel WordPerfect Office 2002, Lotus SmartSuite9.8, & Microsoft Office XP Pro. My computer crashes 2-5 times a day since installing WP Office 2002. When in Windows Explorer, prior to crashing, I get the messages "Explorer (not responding)" or "PrintServer (not responding)" & then my machine crashes. I've uninstalled/installed several times; I've downloaded the following patches: WPO2002HotPatch4.exe & WPO2002SP3.exe . I need HELP!! I'm not a 'techie', just a very busy Admin Asst who doesn't have time for this and would appreciate any advice. (Remember, make it as simple as possible.)
Thanks!

·
Registered
336 Posts
do you have enough ram?...You might try closing any programs running in the background that are eating up resources. Click Control/ALT/DELETE at the same time and close everything but Explorer and Systray. Run the program that you need.

If you have tons of icons next to your clock then you should problably disable them from startup. Go to Run and type msconfig....go to the last tab STARTUP and uncheck what you don't need. If you uncheck something you need you can recheck it at the next boot.

If you really want to be rid of these problems upgrade to XP if your PC can handle it...much more stable.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.