Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone,

I have been playing around with this for a while now and can't seem to do it.

Its there a way to show the year and size of a folder in a folder under details view?

What I mean is this. I have a folder that contains roughly 500 videos. Every video is contained in its own folder with the same name. What I would like is to be able to have the size of each folder and the year show in Details view.

EG...
Name | Size | Year
Video | 3gb. | 2005

Can this be done or am I just dreaming?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know how to put it into Details view. What I want to do is add the information to the details view to show the year of the video. keep in mind its folders not files.

Right now the headings I have are Name - Size - date Modified-etc... I have added Year to this list but I cannot figure out how to put the information in it. also the heading for size doesn't list the size of the folder.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh okay, In Vista if you hover the mouse over the folder, the size should show up in a tooltip. If it doesn’t, click Organize, choose Folder and Search Options, click the View
tab, select “Display file size information in folder tips” and click OK.

Sorry shoulda mentioned I'm using Windows 7. Does it work the same way? and is there a option to have the size display for the folder in details view? as I said the heading is there but it doesn't list any information

Any tips on adding information under the "Year" heading?

·
Registered
696 Posts
Unfortunately that feature is not available in windows 7 it will only display the size of files under the folder.

It is not possible to set Windows Explorer to remember individual folder window sizes and positions.

You can view the size of a folder by moving the cursor over the folders.

Moreinfo:

Explorer Status Bar Needs More Info in Win7 - Microsoft Answers

However, there are third party application available to display those options.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok, so what your saying is that in this sense Windows 7 simply sucks, lol. any idea is there is a program available that will allow me to view the folders and add the information I want displayed like Year?

I have heard of a program called Explorerxp that works with windows 7 to show folder sizes but can information be added? and would I still be able to run a Excel macro from said program to populate and update a list of my videos?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.