Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've got a problem with my computer. Everytime I try right-click, delete or copy something, it won't let me do it and it says that Windows Explorer has to restart. I've checked on the internet but couldn't find anything, but I have the details.

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: explorer.exe
Application Version: 6.0.6000.16771
Application Timestamp: 4907deda
Fault Module Name: kernel32.dll
Fault Module Version:6.0.6000.16820
Fault Module Timestamp:49952034
Exception Code:0eedfade
Exception Offset: 0001b09e
OS Version:6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.2
Locale ID:2057
Additional Information 1:8d13
Additional Information 2:cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
Additional Information 3:8d13
Additional Information 4:cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311

Help anyone?

·
Banned
3,542 Posts
Hi -

I'll begin assuming you're capable and that you have all necessary tools such as an appropriate archive tool such as 7z and that you downloaded this debugger tool (Mirror #1, Mirror #2).

Lets begin :

Step 1: Open the debugger tool.
Step 2: You'll now see this. Go to "File" in the top-right corner located here.
Step 3: Click on "File", and select "Open Executable..." located here. If you believe you're process is a virus or corrupted select "Attach to a Process" which is directly below "Open Executable" as shown here.
Step 4: Navigate to "C:\Windows\explorer.exe" and then select it.
Step 5: You'll now see a white dialog within the debugger tool (like this) - go up to "Edit" right besides "File" located here.
Step 6: Select "Select all" located here. Now, ALL text will be highlighted (it will be all blue if highlighted)
Step 7: Copy it all by either moving your mouse over the highlighted text and right-click and select "Copy" OR just press "CTRL" + "C" keys on your keyboard, this will automatically copy all the selected text.
Step 8: Make all the copied text a text file, if you know how to do this, post it as an attachment, if you do not know how to do this - please continue this guide. If you're able to do this, do not continue this guide and post it as an attachment.
Step 9: Make a new text file by right-clicking on your desktop anywhere and selecting "New" then "Text Document" as shown here - from here you can just paste all the copied text from the debugging tool into the window by right-clicking and selecting "Paste" or simply by pressing "CTRL" + "V". Go to "File" and select "Save as..." and save it to your desktop. Post it as an attachment on TSF.

HTH

·
Banned
3,542 Posts
Hi -

Interesting - from what I see, the only thing that's really different between ours is your outcome catched "ntdll!DbgBreakPoint".

Could you please do the following and then post Step 6's result as an attachment :

Step 1: Start
Step 2: Run...
Step 3: Type "dxdiag" , click "OK"
Step 4: You should see a form saying "Directx Diagnostics Tool", if so wait for the blue bar at the bottom to finishing loading and continue to Step 5.
Step 5: Click "Save Information"
Step 6: Save as ".txt" file.

Thanks.

·
Banned
3,542 Posts
If you want to see the report for yourself (if you can read dumps of sorts), I've attached it for future reference. HERE.

I've also found a few useful guides you should check out :
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic79205.html
For anyone concerned, I have found the fix. There is a file C:Windows\System32\ckimzeb.dll that needed to be deleted. There is also two other files that might be present. For more info refer to

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic80749.html#entry541227

http://www.spywareremove.com/removeckimzebdll.html
http://www.techsupportforum.com/mic...solved-windows-explorer-keeps-restarting.html
  • Click on the Vista Start Globe
  • In the Search Bar type in "cmd"
  • Right click the cmd search result and choose Run as Administrator
  • In the Command Prompt type in "sfc /scannow"
This may be a virus program, so I'd suggest taking it to THIS part of the forums and refer to THIS guide when posting.

HTH and GL.

Attachments

·
Administrator, Manager, Microsoft Support, MVP
34,403 Posts
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: explorer.exe
Application Version: 6.0.6000.16771
Application Timestamp: 4907deda
Fault Module Name: kernel32.dll
Fault Module Version:6.0.6000.16820
Fault Module Timestamp:49952034
Exception Code:0eedfade
Hi -

The Vista module kernel32.dll faultered and caused Windows Explorer to crash. The exception code 0x0eedfade = unknown software caused the crash. I would say that a 3rd party driver called upon is damaged or just too old.

The primary problem is the lack of Vista SP1. Vista SP2 is now out and will be arriving via Windows Updates soon as will IE 8, if not already done so. The SP0 drivers make up the majority of your system and have a timestamp = November 2006. Some Vista SP0 drivers and apps do get updated as is seen from the info in your post -
Code:
[FONT=Lucida Console]
explorer.exe - Windows Explorer
0x49952034 = Thu Feb 12 23:24:36 2009

kernel32.dll - NT BASE API
0x4907deda = Tue Oct 28 20:56:10 2008
[/FONT]

All device drivers need to be updated - here's 3 of them from DXDiag -
Code:
[FONT=Lucida Console]
igdumd32.dll	11/29/2006 05:40:14 - Intel 82945G Express Chipset Family
RTKVHDA.sys	1/15/2008 19:19:04 - Realtek HD Audio	
Rtlh86.sys	11/2/2006 15:30:56 - Realtek Ethernet
[/font]

A Chinese driver . .
Code:
[FONT=Lucida Console]
Name: Intel(R) 82801 PCI Bridge - 244E
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_244E&SUBSYS_2A57103C&REV_E1\3&11583659&0&F0
   Driver: C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\pci.sys, 
     6.00.6000.16386 ([color=red]Chinese[/color]), 11/2/2006 17:50:57, 140392 bytes[/font]
Possible registry corruption -
Code:
[FONT=Lucida Console]
Description:[COLOR=Red] [B]?? [/B][/COLOR](Realtek High Definition Audio)

[/font]

Based on what I have seen in just a few of your system files, there are only 2 choices for you:

1. Proceed to our Security Center, Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help Forum, and have your system reviewed by a Security Analyst. You will need to follow THESE STEPS carefully before posting your logs in the Security Forum.

2. Re-install Vista

If this was my system, I would choose door #2. Start fresh with Vista SP0, allow ALL Windows Updates and HP driver updates to install; go to the HP driver download site and get any outstanding updates and go on from there.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.