Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was trying to update my windows experience index, and when I go to the window that should have the update function, all it says is
"Rate and Improve your computer's performance

Not sure where to start? Learn how you can improve your computer's performance
Last rating.. blah blah blah"

I just installed a new video card and processor, and i just wanted to see its score. Please help me.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's just the thing, there isn't a button to update my score. I've updated it before, my score is 5 right now, but there doesn't seem to be a way to update it again. And trust me, I've looked all over both the "system properties" page, and the "performance information and tools" page. If there is a seperate page im not looking on maybe, but I can't think of anything.

·
Freelance
886 Posts
Hey heroman87

Is there not an option to Score My Computer?

Sometimes if its never been carried out before it will be called Score My Computer

Also if you want real depth into the performance of your score

1. Navigate to:

C:\windows\performance\winsat\DataStore

2. Double click and open up the latest xml file
i.e the date you performed the Update Windows Experience Score

3. You will be able to see all the information about your computers write speed, data transfer, bandwidth etc here

Regards

Craig

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Craig,

I had a similar problem: on my screen I get the "Not sure where to start? Learn how you can improve your computer's performance" message and then a line saying that the last rating was done over a year ago (it doesn't even tell me scores from that rating), but then there aren't any links to either score the computer or to update the score. I bought the computer as a package my school was offering, and the last rating was apparently done well before I even received the computer.

I was able to view the file you listed in your post, but I'd like to get some more recent information and see if I can do anything to improve my performance, and I'm not really sure what I should try.

·
Freelance
886 Posts
Hello Xavier115

welcome to TSF

Ok so from what i understand, you received the packaged PC which had already performed a Windows Experience Index score however it won't let you perform another one?

I will look into this for you and see if there is another way to do this, I have a feeling that maybe because it was a school package that they have locked a couple of settings, may not be the case but i will post again shortly

Regards

Craig

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.