Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used Windows Easy Transfer to wirelessly transfer from Vista to Windows 7. When looking at the Vista computer this morning, I saw a message that the transfer had been successful with the exception of files blocked by the Windows Firewall (which I thought had been off). It asked me whether I would like to proceed with the transfer of the blocked files and I checked that I did. It began trying to reconnect with the new computer again. I looked at the new computer with Windows 7 and saw lots of icons from the old computer as well as a message that various upgrades to Windows 7 had been downloaded. I reopened Windows Easy Tranfer and it asked for the transfer code again, which I typed in from yesterday. For over an hour the two computers tried to connect. So, I stopped the process on the old computer and restarted the transfer again with a new code which was then input into the new computer. The new computer is showing the total amount of files that it showed yesterday, so I can only assume that I am going to have duplicates of everything from yesterday. What should I do? I really do not want duplicates but would like to have the whole of the files from the old computer transferred.

Thank you in advance!:facepalm:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.