Tech Support banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I disabled some service using Process Hacker nightly , after the next restart my PC does not go past asus spining circles where the spining stucks after few seconds.
Is there any way to re enable the disabled service or is it saved it the registry?

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
28,052 Posts
3rd party programs like Process Hacker and Registry Cleaners are problem causers. If there was a restore point created, try System Restore or Last Good option after 3rd attempt at booting and it goes to the Recovery Options.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
3rd party programs like Process Hacker and Registry Cleaners are problem causers. If there was a restore point created, try System Restore or Last Good option after 3rd attempt at booting and it goes to the Recovery Options.
There is no restore points or last good thing!

·
Premium Member
41,505 Posts
Boot the computer holding down the Shift key. You may have to do this 3 times in a Row. You should see the Troubleshooting menu. Click on Advanced. Try a Startup Repair, if this fails, you can try System Restore, You can load a Previous Version of Windows and you have the Command Prompt.
You can, on another computer, download an ISO image of Windows 10 and burn it to a USB Flash Drive using the Media Creation tool from the same page. Boot off of the Flash drive, choose your Language, then Repair Your Computer. This brings up the Troubleshooting menu.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Boot the computer holding down the Shift key. You may have to do this 3 times in a Row. You should see the Troubleshooting menu. Click on Advanced. Try a Startup Repair, if this fails, you can try System Restore, You can load a Previous Version of Windows and you have the Command Prompt.
You can, on another computer, download an ISO image of Windows 10 and burn it to a USB Flash Drive using the Media Creation tool from the same page. Boot off of the Flash drive, choose your Language, then Repair Your Computer. This brings up the Troubleshooting menu.
how do I change the disabled services to enable from command prompt on repair your computer -Troubleshoot?

·
Premium Member
41,505 Posts
You don't, if you do a Start Up Repair, it may Enable the services.
If that fails, I'm not sure if this works in the RE, but you can choose Command Prompt and find your Windows OS drive (the drive letter may change) then type services.msc and press Enter. Then find the service you changed and change it back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts