Tech Support banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have win 7 ultimate installed ... MSI H81M E33 motherboard. Intel cpu I3 2GB ram. 80G HD WD.

The computer is crashing. I think the usb port have something to do with it, because when I remove something from the port the computer will crash. It used to crash every one in a while now it is crashing a lot. What can I do? Is there anymore info you need?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I forgot to mention that I will be checking the drivers to see if they need to be updated.

·
Premium Member
42,049 Posts
Go to Start/Search and type devmgmt.msc and press Enter. In the Device Manager are there any devices with yellow Flags? If so, these devices need drivers installed. Whether there are yellow flags or not, go to the MSI Download page for your model and download the intel Chipset Driver. And restart.
Also, consider upgrading to Windows 10, it's Free. You could Upgrade and keep your files and Windows will use your existing product key to activate.
Windows 7 has not been supported in a year and a half now by Microsoft and leaves you vulnerable to attack.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are yellow marks under other devices, the one you can never find the drivers for. I disable them. I went to the MSI website and downloaded and installed the chipset .... still crashing. I am posting from a different computer, but when I get a chance I will use the what crash app to see what happen a post it if I can.

·
Premium Member
42,049 Posts
If we are talking about the computer that is posted in your signature, According that computer specs, your motherboard is a Gigabyte. You would download the drivers Here GA-M68MT-S2 (rev. 3.1) Gallery | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global. Disabling devices that require drivers is not going to solve your problem. You need to install all drivers to stop a computer from crashing.
If you can't find the drivers you need from your motherboard manufacturers web site, then follow these instructions How to find drivers

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is a different computer. I listed the specs in my first post.

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
No one never asked the poster what he means by "Crashing" BSOD? your post is very vague. Please explain in further detail.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have all the drivers. Would it help if I put up the results of a what crashed report?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts