Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi

my computer is freezing when windows is loading. it freezez at the point where those white lines are being filled exactly before the windows xp splash screen appears.

i gave a low level format to my hard drive and i was sucessful in re-installing win xp on it again but after a while the pc restarted to crash just like it was doing before.

i thought that the hard drive was faulty, so i exchanged it with a good one, but it was in vain...

can anybody help me with this problem??? i would really apreciate it...
10x!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey guys, i replaced both the power supply and the hdd cable but im still facing the problem. I don't understand because the pc didn't boot when i replaced the hard disk either. When i replaced the psu and the hdd id cable and tried to reformat the hard drive it began freezing a little bit on 20%, then jumps to 100% and then it gives me an error that the hard disk can be corrupted...

The only solution that i can think of is that of replacing the hard disk but when i tried it before it began freezing exactly before the windows xp splash screen shows up. the only difference now is that it doesn't freeze where it was freezing when i replaced the hard disk.

im in crisis over here so you're help would be really appreciated :cry:

·
Registered
36 Posts
as the others said try getting a new hard drive also replace all the cable inside that have anything to do with the hard drive. You could also see if you are maxing out your PSU

Do you get any error mesages that appear for like 1 tenth of a second if you do take your digital camera and record the error message in movie mode then play back and pause when you see the message.

If you get desprate then try cleaning out all the connections inside the pc dissassemble every thing blow it out then put the pc back together, could be a bad connection.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No it does not give any error messages that dissapear. the error message that it is giving me is after that i try to format the partition before installing the win xp. it says that the hdd can be corrupted. the only prob is that when i replaced the hdd, win xp still didn't boot, although when i replaced it there were no error messages, the pc would just freeze back then

·
Registered
36 Posts
try to clean all the internal parts of the pc, or you can go to your hdd manufacturer site and download the bootable floopy test that test your hard drive for errors if it doesn't contain any then when you try to install winodws you should DELETE the partition that contains windows and don't do the quick format to the slower one. could be a memory issuse too.

P.S. have you removed any of the computers parts lately

·
Premium Member
78,002 Posts
d/l the diognostic utility from the h/d manufacturer and run it,if it reports no faults with the h/d,do a low level format on the drive
then try the format and install again
also run memtest on the ram as ram can cause install problems
http://www.memtest86.com/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.