Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I recently got a new digital camera, and now anytime I go to open the folders containing the pictures I take with it I get a data execution prevention, then the "Windows has encountered an error and needs to close" message, locking everything up and restarting explorer. The camera is a Casio Exilim EX-S5. All of the pictures in my other folders (taken with a different digital camera) still open fine, and I can view the problem files with Picasa3 without any trouble.

Here is a copy of the most recent error signature I received:

EventType : BEX P1 : explorer.exe P2 : 6.0.2900.5512 P3 : 48025c30
P4 : unknown P5 : 0.0.0.0 P6 : 00000000 P7 : 00000000
P8 : c0000005 P9 : 00000008

The crashes are also periodically accompanied by a DrWatson Postmortem Debugger error.

This is driving me crazy, and I don't want to take any more pics with this camera if it just continues to do this. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide me.

-Daedalcipher

·
Registered
303 Posts
not sure how to fix it. I'm sure someone will post a fix.

But, you can go indirect. Your camera probably uses an SD card to save your pics, so forget the camera, just plug the SD in, if you have no SD slot you can buy SDHC USB readers for around £3 from amazon or play. Your software will recognise the files and prompt you the same as though your camera was plugged in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I feel like it's not the camera's fault, but my computer's. I don't think it's Picasa's, but I'll try to import some pics differently just to make sure.

In any case, I'm almost positive it's a problem on the coomputer-end of the deal.

·
Moderator, Design Team
12,739 Posts
If you are getting a Data Execution Prevention error message you can set it to allow specific programs by R-click on My Computer>Properties>Advanced>Performance>settings button>Data Execution Protection tab
Here you will find you can click the Custom button and add exceptions from your programs list. if you think Picasa is causing problems here then add it to the exceptions list

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.