Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Global Moderator
Using Google to solve problems
43,235 Posts
So.....currently my monitor is connected via a VGA cable and is plugged into the VGA port at the back of my computer.
In the above picture, it shows a Video card. If your not using a card like the picture, but your using the onboard graphics (up higher, closer to the Ethernet, and USB ports) then you do not have to switch anything in the Bios. Just use the DVI port to see if that works. If you are using a card, and the DVI port does not work then try removing the card and use the onboard VGA port.

·
Global Moderator
43,235 Posts
1: Do you have a video card like the picture in post #25 that is lower in the case?
2: Do you have a VGA port on the back of the computer higher up by the USB ports?
3: if you have a VGA that is part of the motherboard (onboard higher up) Remove the video card and use the onboard VGA.

·
Global Moderator
43,235 Posts
VGA is the blue one and DVI is the white one
As shown in picture in post #25.
Usually there is not an Onboard DVI, nothing to change in the Bios, other then to remove the Video card if there is an onboard VGA.

·
Global Moderator
43,235 Posts
my hard disk has started malfunctioning. Cyclic redundency errors.
CRC errors are caused by either a miss communication with the computer (Bad Data cable, not enough power) or more likely, bad sectors on the HDD.
When formatting the drive, do a Full Format (Not a Quick) and/or tests with HDD Diagnostic tool.

·
Global Moderator
43,235 Posts
2 hours in.....halfway done.....
This is not a good sign. This means there are a lot of Bad Sectors. This may fix it to be useable for a while but I wouldn't use it as a boot drive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.