Tech Support banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I open a folder which has Chinese characters as the filename, the title of the windows window appears to be squares (if you know what I mean). Also, when I want to type Chinese characters in notepad, it also appears to be squares. Please help!

·
Roaming To Help
5,667 Posts
Hi

Have the XP CD ready, get into Control panel>Regional and Languages and you'll need to instruct XP to install support for "East Asian languages" and "Install files for complex scripts" under the "Languages" tab.

Also under "Text services and input">Details>Advanced, tick the top most option.

Apply that, reboot and you should be right.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But when I opened the Language tab at the "Regional Language Options", "East Asian languages" and "Install files for complex scripts" were checked already. Also, "Text services and input" is also checked just now, but the problem still occur.

·
Roaming To Help
5,667 Posts
Well the only option left would be to do a repair install and choose these settings when you get to the languages/input screen there.

Follow guide here after choosing version of XP and repair: http://www.windowsreinstall.com

Have your XP product key ready.

All your setting/files will remain intact.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.