Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried unsuccessfully to import an Outlook Express contact list (book.wab) into Outlook 2003. Looked at all threads.

However, when I doubleclick onto this .wab file W7 tells me it imports into a "windows contact list". I can see addresses flashing quickly on screen so the adresses are read.
THEN
where is this contact list hidden? (the location is not indicated)
AND
How can I import from this Windows contact list into Outlook?

Thanks,

Pierre

·
Enthusiast
4,527 Posts
Only guessing here, for although I certainly use Windows 7 & Outlook 2007, I haven't used Outlook Express since 1997 so I've never had to transfer any data from it. Transferring from/to Outlook is just so much easier than transferring any data from Outlook Express (which is why I stopped using it).

Try this:

1. Open Outlook
2. Click 'Tools' >> 'Address Book'

Is your imported stuff in there?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just tried it. The only contacts there are those entered manually after I installed Outlook. No trace of any import.

I still wonder when one uses "windows contact list" and one sees the many contacts flashing quickly on the screen where do these go. Do they only flash but do not find a place where they are stored or what?

This appears like an half complete process.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have applied the commands on the link.
All OK until 10 included. Thank you.
However, I have used OE on an OLD machine and for some reason it does not have an adress book anymore. I had saved the wab on the NEW machine. When I try to reload the contacts saved on NEW into OE on OLD it does not succeed.
Then I wanted to install OE on the NEW, then import the wab into OE on NEW and then restart on step 11 of yr link.

Alas, I do not have the installation file for OE anymore. It appears there is no download site for OE anymore. All those that I tried appear in french and are loaded with viruses. If you know of a trustable site to download OE then I would try to conclude the process.

Thanks,

Pierre

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have tried it through LiveMail which I installed just for this.
Imported the "Mail Directory" like a charm.
I did not need to import the 'contact list'.
Through the mail I could select those I really wanted to import.

Still spunk.funk I wanted to congratulate you or eHow for a list of actions that until step 10 were 100% effective. It is seldom that a list of command are precisely (no exception, not even a typing error) those shown on the PC and work without a hitch being only that different versions, options, parameters, updates, whatnot require on occasion a bit of imagination to meander through the instructions.

Thanks for yr support !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.