Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I awoke to my son berating the laptop because it would not start. It is a Toshiba A135-S4427. The error message is as follows:

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware of software change might be the cause. To fix the problem.
1. Insert windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. Choose you language settings, and then select "Next."
3. Click "Repair your computer."
*I do NOT have this disc as this computer was given to my son after his grandmother passed. It was given with the power cord and the computer only.

If you don't have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

File:/Windows/system 32/winload.exe
Info: The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt.

Anyway, I'm not the most computer literate and pressed the ESC and ENTER keys and the accompanying F2 and F12 options with no successful results. I appreciate your time and any suggestions.

Snarkey

·
Moderator , - Microsoft Support
7,745 Posts
Hi, and welcome to the forums. You have a corrupt boot loader. Now easy way is to use a Vista DVD and boot from it and run startup repair(vista will often do this automatically for you). You don't have one I know (always insist on a copy of the OS even if they want more for it). Good thing is to do this ANY copy of Vista will work so see if you can borrow one. If not you can go here, this company has made the Vista repair utility available to download. Read all the instructions so you understand what to do.
http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/windows-vista-recovery-disc-download/

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.