Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I feel pretty stupid right now.

Recently I was moving a bunch of files onto a new hard drive, when my system would try to load the thumbnails of some, I would get the error in the subject, and so assumed the file was corrupt, and deleted it, later downloading a fresh copy.

The fresh copies however give me the same error, which of course restarts explorer. The files themselves have worked before, and are from reasonably reputable sites, I doubt they're the issue.

It occurred to me that when this error would occur, the little Matroska symbol would be flashing like mad, and after posting on another forum, decided my best bet would be to uninstall the codec pack with Matroska.

Unfortunately, I believe I did the exact opposite of what I wanted to. I may have uninstalled every codec except ffdshow, matroska, haali splitter, etc, as the error was still present after the restart, but the folder was empty.

The only difference seems to be that explorer just restarts without the error message.

·
Enthusiast
2,865 Posts
Re: Windows A Minor Variation of "host process (Rundll32) has stopped working"

Exactly what are the system specs and do you have a Vista disk.

You may need to run the system file checker and it could require the system disk.

In regards to your immediate issue I would recommend doing a system restore to a day prior to this event so that it can be undone and then we can look into it further and possibly determine what the issue is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.