Discussion Starter #1
Alright, got a new system.

P4c800 Deluxe
2.4c
Corsair 3200 512mb

Old bits
WD 80 gig
Ricoh CDRW mp7083a

Now, when I try to install Windows 98 second edition, it boots to the cd, I select Boot from cd, then start windows 98 setup. As soon as I do this I get the message "No Drives Found, Aborting Installation."

It goes through a bit, gets me into dos with the messge

"Device driver not found "OEMCD001". No valid cdrom device drives found.

Now, can someone help me get this thing working? (without telling me to go buy XP :p )

·
TSF Team Emeritus
5,580 Posts
heh

well, first off, i am not going to suggest XP

i wouldnt suggest that garbage to my worst enemy.

but, i am not sure what level of user you are, so i am going to suggest the following things.

check the cables to see if they are lined up correctly (red stripe on cable matches "pin 1" on the drive.

check the master/slave jumper settings on the back of the drives. (cd-roms and hard disks)

go to the bios screen and set the drive settings to "auto detect"

check the cables to make sure they are tightly inserted.

if this doesnt work, let me know.

or, try kicking it really hard while it is running, and tossing it down some stairs may help also.

(just kidding about the last line)

~BoB~

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, all cables are in fine. Win 98se finds the windows boot menu from the cd fine, so it can detect it and there is no problems with reading obviously then, it's just that when I try and select the start windows 98 setup from cd it gives me that message and wont find the cdrom

S

·
0 Posts
Try going here and downloading a Win. 98 boot disk.

After you download it stick a freshly formatted floppy disk in the floppy drive, Then double click the file that you downloaded and create a boot floppy.

Then boot to this new floppy and see if it detects the CD-Rom.....:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.