Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For one of my school projects me and two classmates have to do a research paper:upset: on any operating system we want, we have choosen windows 95. My question is, does anyone have any websites to get information from? I have google the crap out of it, but I haven't gotten much:rolleyes:, thanks,
Aim

· Registered
5,747 Posts
What kind of info? I just did a google "win95 info" got a bunch of
hits. At the time we thought that win95 was the best thing since
sliced bread. Far better than win3.01, but both were very quirky
and tough at times to deal with. We have come a long way.

· Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks. what the teacher wants is he history, schematic of the os? (not sure what that is lol) command line vs gui, advantages and disadvanatages. i have looked on google but i just have not been able to find all this yet. but i'll keep looking thanks again.

· TSF Team Emeritus , Microsoft Visiting Expert
3,263 Posts
Hi all

Windows 95 Student --

If you have a fairly recent PC running Windows 2000 or Windows XP, and you can round up someone with an old Windows 95 CD (currently not in use on another PC), you can install Windows 95 onto a virtual machine (you can call it "emulation" if you'd like) using a tool like Microsoft's Virtual PC 2004. (For a Vista PC, you'd use Virtual PC 2007). Microsoft provides the Virtual PC series as a free service nowadays. --- http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...9D-DFA8-40BF-AFAF-20BCB7F01CD1&displaylang=en

This would not only allow you to take true screen-shots of Windows 95 in action, but you'd also be able to write your reports from direct experience.

eBay might still have old Win95 CDs for very reasonable prices. If you actually spend ten bucks on it, might as well get a full retail version if you can find one.

You might be surprised, though, ask around - some folks never throw those disks away, even long after the PC has travelled to hazardous waste.

Best of luck
. . . Gary

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.