Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I formatted my c drive and then got it running again and then I was trying to load my scanner and something happened now when I try to boot up it says it cant find a device that me be needed to run windows or a windows application. the window registry or system.INI file refers to this device file but the file no longer exists. vmtd.VxD press any key to continue.
the after I do it says while initiating device IOS: Error: An I/O subsystem driver failed to load. Either a file in the .\iosubsys subdirectory is corrupt or the system is low on memory.

I changed the motherboard battery per the suggestion of a friend and it did not change anything except it remembers what day and time it is I can run in safe mode. There are no ? under the device manager either ( as suggested by a friend) I have no idea what to do. Please help
Thanks Kristi

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi Kristi,

Generally, Device conflicts do not show up in Safe Mode. This is due to the fact that only the basic drivers are loaded.

How is your scanner connected to the PC?

Solution:

1. Turn off and unplug the PC.
2. Disconnect the scanner and remove any physically associated cards.
3. Plug in the PC and turn it on.

If it starts in Safe Mode;

1. Get into the device manager and write down the resources the Scanner is using. Specifically, the I/O resources.
2. In the device Manager, check the resources in each of the System Devices to see if the same I/O in the Scanner resources is being used.

If there is a sharing violation, write down the details and post it on the site. If you could provide more details such as hardware info, it would be helpful.

Thanks

Rob

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your help. I ended up formatting it again becuase nothing worked and I got it running again. Borrowed a boot up disk from a friend.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.