Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody help please? I have just had a hard disk crash and managed to retrieve a great deal of my lost files and information. However there is a CD which I have kept from years ago which has on an old QIC file. I would dearly love to see what is in this file but my normal operating system is Windows XP Pro whose Backup program won't restore from these kind of files. I even downloaded the Backup MyPC program from Stomp but it could not build up a catalogue from the QIC file.

As a result I have been advised to set up a Windows 95 partition on my disc which I am doing at the moment. And then I might be able to use the early version of Backup which apparently will cater for QIC files.

My problem is that while it is going through the setup process Windows 95 suddenly stops with a black screen saying something along the lines of 'could not initialise device IOS- try restarting '. However even after restarting it always comes back to the same point. Can anybody help with what I should do next?

Thanks for all your help.

Jamie

·
hey
10,189 Posts
Ok, you are trying to install windows 95 though right? If so windows 95 version B and later need a patch to run on anything over a 350 I believe. There is no fix for windows 95 A. I will try and find the patch for you. It has been so long since I came across this problem, I forget where the patch is. But the patch might be for AMD, not Intel, not sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.