Tech Support banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone, new here.

Haven't had any issues with windows till now.

For the background, I have been using my Hp-15 laptop for 5 years. A year ago I gave it for repair due to battery issues. Since then I see 'Wifi 2' appearing instead of 'Wifi' and since a week, after 5 minutes of browsing internet, it goes to 'limited' and I can't use it anymore.

My driver is : Intel Centrino N 1000

I have tried:
- Updating driver.
- Resetting tcp/ip stack via cmd
- ipconfig/reset and renew
- checked via static and dynamic ips in ipv4 and ipv6 config
- Uninstalling current driver and installing a new one from Hp driver website.
- It behaved the same on another wifi network, which means the problem is not with the router right? I am able to use router with all other gadgets.

None of it worked. I am planning to buy a new laptop after the pandemic. But right now, it's important for me as I cannot get my work done. Please help.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Make sure you are not on a metered connection. Usually when my network is showing limited then resetting the router will get it working again. There might also be an outage in your area and in that case there isn't much you can do.

·
Registered
41,102 Posts
Press the Windows key+R in the Run box type ncpa.cpl and press enter. Do you have more then one WiFi adapter listed? Right click your WiFi adapter, if you don't like the name WiFi 2 you can Rename it.
Click Properties/ scroll down to Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IP)Select it and click Properties. Make sure the Radio buttons for Obtain an IP Address automatically is selected.
You can add the Google DNS server. Put a check in Use the following DNS Server Address:
preferred-8.8.8.8
Alternate 8.8.4.4 click OK and reboot the computer

·
Registered
14 Posts
Your wireless network adapter may just be failing. You can replace the wireless network adapter or obtain a USB/Wireless adapter.

if you want to go the USB adapter route, just do a search for USB to Wireless adapter. They vary in price. I picked up one for about $6 from a local store that worked just fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts