Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Team Manager - Hardware, Acting Manager, Security
14,643 Posts
dkfamily is right Ms Streets and Trips I run in Windows 10 and if you mean Word Perfect X9 yes will run.

·
14,643 Posts
I see there is a Word Perfect 9.0 too but I believe that will also run in Windows 10.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Both programs will run in Windows 10. I have them on my Windows 10 laptop.

Great to hear. We travel extensively and use Streets and Trips to plan our possible routes and haven't found another program that would replace it for us. Struggling to keep Word Perfect up and running but have gotten in the habit of saving all documents in RTF format so I can easily switch to another word processing program when it completely stops working. Thanks for the reply. :thumb:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I see there is a Word Perfect 9.0 too but I believe that will also run in Windows 10.

I must have fat fingered and hit 8 instead of 9. I'm running Word Perfect 9.0 and it's a challenge to keep it running in 8.1. I backup all files in RTF format so I can easily switch word processing programs when it get to the point that WP refuses to work. Streets and Trips 2011 is my main concern, haven't found any other program that suits our traveling needs like it does. Thanks.

·
14,643 Posts
Did you know you can buy the newest version (X9) of Word Perfect on eBay for as little as $4.99?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Don't try to update do a clean install by using this site and you can burn a bootable dvd by using "Download Tool Now" https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
when it asks for product key choose "skip the key" option as the bios on your laptop has already saved Windows 8 product code and will put it in when you install 10.

This link does not exist.

We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found.

The URL may be misspelled or the page you're looking for is no longer available.

Eventually I found it. TX.

·
14,643 Posts
No that is a problem with the forum here ever since we upgraded to Https protocol.
You have to copy and paste the links here you cannot click them. We have been working on a solution for over a year now.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have stuck with Windows 8.1 because some critical (to me) programs and hardware will not run under Windows 10.

That said, I have another computer with Windows 10 that got screwed by the last Windows 10 update (sic). It apparently caused Windows Explorer to crash.

I want to reload Windows 10 (there is nothing critical on the computer) but I can not get into the computer to download anything. I DO NOT want to screw up my 8.1 computer while running the "Download Tool", and that seems to be what will happen if I do.

How do I make/get a Windows 10 reload disk?

·
14,643 Posts
I have stuck with Windows 8.1 because some critical (to me) programs and hardware will not run under Windows 10.

That said, I have another computer with Windows 10 that got screwed by the last Windows 10 update (sic). It apparently caused Windows Explorer to crash.

I want to reload Windows 10 (there is nothing critical on the computer) but I can not get into the computer to download anything. I DO NOT want to screw up my 8.1 computer while running the "Download Tool", and that seems to be what will happen if I do.

How do I make/get a Windows 10 reload disk?
It's the same site instead of using "update now" choose the second option which is "download tool now" and that will download an iso file you then convert to a bootable dvd or you can download it straight to a usb flash drive.

·
Registered
42 Posts
While I did not start this thread, it did lead me to solving my problem. I've re-loaded Windows 10 after the recent "update" (sic) completely screwed one of my desktops. While I am still working out some problems, overall it has gone rather well, Microsoft not withstanding.

·
Registered
13 Posts
UPDATE: Just wanted to let you know that I installed Windows 10 without a hitch and it's working just fine, really like the quick boot feature. All my old programs are working fine with it too after a couple of minor adjustments and re-installs. It's great not to have to repeatedly run SFC and DISM just to keep the OS in minimal working condition. Thanks for the help and advice.

·
14,643 Posts
Great why not mark this solved in the first post under "Thread Tools" in the first post.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.