Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently upgraded to windows 7, i have a 2nd hard drive for music and pictures. Since upgrading all of my files on my 2nd hard drive have dissapeared. The folder structure is still there but there are no files in any of the folders. The folder size is still showing the amount of space used as it did in vista which makes me think that they are there but for some reason not showing. I've tried the option to show all files and still nothing. Please can someone help. I really don't want to lose my family pictures.

Thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
1. Think of a file you had in the list and type its name into a search box for that drive see if its seen.

2. Connect the drive to another PC to verfy the files are there and not orphans.

3. In case its an internal HDD, download and burn a copy of Ubuntu and run it through CD boot and see if you can see the Files that way. DO NOT choose 'install ubuntu'!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's an internal hard drive, However i have located the files. They have all been moved to a folder called F:\$INPLACE.~TR\MACHINE\DATA. I have no idea why windows 7 would move these files to here and leave the folder structure in place. The main thing is that i have not lost them. Many thanks to those who offered help.

Thank you.

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Glad to hear you found the files. Is your second drive the F: drive?

It's weird that they were moved there.

Take it easy,

-Coolfreak

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.