Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there.

I am having a bit of a problem here... I have just downloaded the pictures from my camera from my first 3 days of vacation and then accidentally deleted the folder that contained all of my pictures from the past 1 year. It was quite a big one, so it couldn't be stored in the Recycle Bin... Is there any way that I could recover the pictures that any of you would know of? I'd appreciate the help for sure :(

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Hi shobeck,

Depending on how you imported the photos, there is a slight chance that they're still available in the Temp folder. To access this folder:

Go to Start > Search.
Type "%temp&" without the quotes > Hit ENTER.
See if your files can be found here.

Did you ever activate the System&restore backup functions in Windows 7?

1. Go to the Computer > Browse until you find the folder that the picture was in.
2. Right-click this folder > Choose "Previous versions"-tab.

You can then mark any date/time in that list when the images was supposed to be there. Either use Restore, or Browse button to view these files. Then simply copy them from the opened folder to another location.

If all above fails you need to use some form of data recovery application. There are a few free ones, but most of them are very limited, and needs to be paid for to use properly. You could give this one a shot.

In the future, make sure you have a proper backup of all your important files!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.