Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have been tasked to put 12 laptops on the domain of a school which i am fine with doing. The school has 2 profiles on their current computers Teachers and Pupils. I need to add these to the new laptops but dont know how.

Any help is much appreciated

Dan

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hello,

I have been tasked to put 12 laptops on the domain of a school which i am fine with doing. The school has 2 profiles on their current computers Teachers and Pupils. I need to add these to the new laptops but dont know how.

Any help is much appreciated

Dan
Hi Danburley,
Depend if you are using mandatory or roaming profile. If your pupil/student profile reside at some file server then simple map the profile to the profile of user using active directory. To do so
1. open active directory users and computer
2. go to the teacher / student user. click on properties somewhere there should be profile.
3. on userprofile map the profile somthing like this \\yourfileserver\profile_folder.
where yourfileserver is your server where profile reside and profile_folder is folder where you have kept the profile of user, make sure you have shared the profile as well.

Hoped it help. If you need further help please do write back.This will work in both 2k3 and 2k8 Active directory domain enviroment. :rolleyes:

·
Visiting BSOD Expert, Microsoft Support Team
781 Posts
Note that profiles for XP (version 1) and profiles for Vista or Windows 7 (version 2) are not compatible. You will first need to find a way to migrate the settings, amongst other things. It's not as simple as pointing to an existing profile.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.