Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there!

I bought my new laptop in december 2009 and all that time it has been freezing and slowing down all of a sudden. I have looked at the temperatures of my cpu and gpu, and they have all been 80-85 celsius. I have cleaned the fan vents by vacuum cleaning the surface and pumped the dust out of the fan, the temperatures haven't gone down so much. They still are at around 75-80 celsius.

So right now, I have to clean them every day, and the pc still does that. I find it really strange. Anyone know the reason for that?

My pc details:
Acer aspire 8530g
AMD Turion rm-75 @ 2,2 ghz
4gb ram (shared with gpu)
500gb hdd (5400 rpm)
ATI mobility radeon hd4650
Windows 7 Home premium 32-bit
I use Avast-antivirus, no 3rd party firewalls installed

Thanks in advance :)

· Registered
301 Posts
heya m8 welcome to the forum :grin:

those temperatures are high and it would be interesting to see how hard the cpu is working ?

how many processes do you have running at boot ?

what version graphics driver are you currently using ?

have you tried placing a house fan blowing directly on the laptop to cool it, just as a temporary measure to see if this changes anything ?

can you plz download and run CPU-Z and post screenshots of the CPU tab and the output from the CPUID monitor, As an idea I think it might be worth undervolting the CPU to lower the heat generated ?

are you confident you have all the latest drivers including bios ?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are the results

I usually have around 95 processes on boot :/
GPU driver version "atiumdag 8.632.1.2000 / Win7"
I have had that house fan for a long time but it has very little effect
I think my some of my drivers might be out-of-date, haven't checked for a while. I just updated my gpu drivers however.

· Registered
301 Posts
I would have thought your minimum temperatures should be about 40deg C but the max aren't excessive, first thing then is go to the acer website and download all the drivers to bring your system up to date .....

If you can get rid of some of your programs at startup that might be a good place to begin freeing up some system resources ?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had 73 celsius max on CPU when the computer when I was playing.
GPU was at 70 celsius max.

They seem to have gone a bit down? However the constant crashing of the computer makes it almost unbearable to use it...

· Registered
301 Posts
click the start orb and type msconfig into the search bar then press return .....

click on the startup tab and see how many programs you have set to run on startup in there ?

we can remove or untick some unwanted things from there for a start ?

If your startup list is big then click the tools tab then highlight system information and launch then pick software environment and startup programs and save then upload and attach the txt file here and we can take a look ?

also while in msconfig launch event viewer from the tools tab and look under windows logs\application and system to see if there's any unusual trend with a program failing or any mention of the freeze your experiencing ?

hows the software updates going ?

let us know if you need any help with this ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.