Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello i recently was getting lots of blue screens so i re installed my operating system, its been fine for about 10 days now but today i got another blue screen. The error it gave me was nwifi.sys but i dont know how to fix it, I have included a dump of the blue screen. ALso forgot to mention there is an update available for my NIC card in the optional live update section so should i take this?

Operating system: Windows 7 64 bit RC1

I aso connect to the internet through a belkin wireless dongle.

Thanks!

EDIT: i ran the driver verifier before i re installed my operation system it blue screened with the error 'nwifi.sys'

Attachments

·
TSF Team Emeritus, Microsoft MVP
7,483 Posts
Update the Belkin Wireless adapter through the Belkin website
There were issues with 64 bit drivers for some wireless USB devices with RaLink chipsets - but those have mostly been worked out now.

Other issues could be due to the use of the Release Candidate rather than the final release of Windows 7. If issues continue I'd suggest that you upgrade to the final version of Win7 - even if that means using the trial version of Win7 Enterprise for 3 months.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i have same problem. i have win7 64bit on toshiba p305-s8842.. the bsod accurs when i have utorrent going and playing a video or surfing the net at same time. i read the bluescreenview report and get hal.dll cause of error along with ntoskrnl.exe and nwifi.sys.. i have updated all drivers and windows updates with no avail to stopping the bsod!! i suspect its the intel wifi card driver that is doing this. any advice in this matter?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.