Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I have installed WIndows 7 x64. After having HUGE Issues getting the proper sound drivers I had to resort to a fix that someone made for windows 7 and the soundblaster's (x-fi). When I'm either on skype or ventrilo I hear LOUD static when other people have their microphones queued (on skype this is all the time, ventrilo is hotkeyed) Even if their microphone is physically muted, when they queue their microphone i hear LOUD static. I have no other audio issues but I cannot solve this and its becoming frustrating.

The weird thing.. is that in games like Heroes of Newerth or Counterstrike Source I hear no static when people queue their microphones.

Any ideas :( ?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Anyone? I managed to fix this error last night by installing the drivers on the creative site in combination with Daniel K's fix. the static was gone. I log on today and it's back. When someone has their mic muted I hear static, and when we're currently in a conversation i hear the static, the only thing that subdues it is when we begin to speak, it dissapears.

Also with my OWN mic now, when I hit "listen to this device" and unplug my mic attachment I hear the same static.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.