Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.

I've just recently booted from a hdd that has not been used in months, however , have encounter some updating issues.

1. Not completely sure if updates have been downloaded as info bar does not move.

2. Upon shutting down system to install updates it takes ages! Left system on for over 12 hours and returned to find system still on installing update 1 of 23!

Any help/ ideas guys. Any help appreciated!

Danny

·
Decessit
68,881 Posts
Hi the first question I will ask is how it is trying to install and what was the reason for leaving it for months ie was there some previous unresolved issue you may have forgotten about

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi it hasn't been used for months as it was salvaged from a broken pc and I haven't had the need for it until now

It was through automatic updates and the system was trying to install during shutdown.

However, when I booted the pc this evening the system is saying that it may not be a genuine copy of windows. I know for a 100% it is. I tried activating with out success and tried to download windows validation software but can't download successfully.

Any ideas??

Thanks for your reply.

Danny

·
Premium Member
41,821 Posts
Do you have an internet connection on this computer that is always on?

·
Premium Member
41,821 Posts
Go to Start/Run and type inetcpl.cpl and press enter/Connections/LAN Settings. Make sure all the boxes are unchecked. Now go to Start/Run and type ncpa.cpl and press enter. Right click the Local Area connection/Properties scroll down to Internet Protocol (TCP-IP)/Properties. Make sure Obtain an IP Address and DNS Server Address Automatically are both checked. Now go to Start/Run and type CMD and press enter. IN the Command Prompt type ipconfig /release and press enter. the IP Address changes to 0.0.0.0 Now type ipconfig /flushdns and press enter. Now type ipconfig /renew. Now type ipconfig /all. You should have a new IP address try it again. If you still cannot connect please include the text output of your ipconfig /all in your next post

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.