Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The last couple of times I booted up my Windows 7 system, the login screen has frozen briefly. It's not permanent, but once it reaches the login screen and even the startup jingle will freeze for three or four seconds before starting up normally.

I'm not sure if this is a Windows or hardware issue. One of the internal hard drives in this computer has been making a loud buzzing noise for a few years now (but still operates normally), but I don't know if that's related at all. Windows itself isn't installed on that hard drive but I moved the page file to it if that matters.

Oh, and I use a program called TweeksLogon (I think that's what it's called) to change the login screen background. Maybe that's a factor?

·
Networking Team |Tech
4,122 Posts
Hi there RedSwirl,

It's possible the the TweeksLogon program you use could affect the login screen freezing issue. Try restoring the login screen background to default and see if the same problem happens. Another thing you can do is to perform a "CHECK DISK REPAIR" and see if this process helps speed things up.

Hope everything works out well for you and feel free to ask more questions, thank you.

·
Global Moderator
Using Google to solve problems
44,227 Posts
One of the internal hard drives in this computer has been making a loud buzzing noise
Any noise from a HDD other then the normal hum, is a good sign the drive is failing. Isolate the drive that is making the noise and unplug it. See if that helps. If you can get into Windows uninstall TeeksLogon and see if that helps.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, I switched the login background to default and no longer got the freezing. I then switched it back and the problem seems to be gone.

That HDD has been buzzing without any actual data failure for like four years now, but I've been meaning to replace it for a while.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.