Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a stupid question but I was in a rush trying to install Win Enterprise 64-bit on two different types of laptops and I know the suggested method is install os-drivers-windows updates-then programs.....I went ahead and installed programs before I installed Windows updates....everything seems fine....programs work, etc. That should be okay if I did that "out of order" correct?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Generaly you should do os, drivers, updates, software. But sometimes we get in a rush and it really doesn't hurt anything if you do it out of order. The reason why drivers should be done after the os is so that all your devices work right before you do updates.

·
Microsoft MVP, Microsoft Team Moderator, Articles
39,532 Posts
You should be fine. Just make sure after installing more updated from Windows to make sure other programs don't have their own updated.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys......I'm actually creating a base image and will be pushing it down to about 24 laptops....It first installed the latest Windows Update Agent (7.6.7600.256) looks like twice according to viewing update history or it shows up twice then every update failed. But it looks like I was able to install everything after I tried again...plus additional updates beyond that so it seems everything's now update would be a safe statement...

·
Registered
40,888 Posts
I prefer to install Programs before doing Windows Updates especially Microsoft Office because there are updates available for Microsoft Software In Windows Updates. If you install Office after running Updates, you have to run updates again, and then update the updates.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.