Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have recently upgraded my system from windows vista to windows 7. Everything seems to work fine except the printer - Dell all in one printer 922. To solve the issue, I have followed several solutions from different forums. For e.g., according to one solution (this solution seemed sensible), I have deleted the printer from my system, uninstalled all the printer driver software and have tried to use the vista 32 drivers to get my printer working. But all in vain. I have tried the process almost ten times now and I am tired. That's why I have come to this forum. Please could any one of you help me resolve this issue. Thank you in anticipation.

Chai

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem with my Dell AIO 964... Try downloading the the Patch/Upgrade .Zip file from the Dell website. When it finishes downloading open it and run the DellCleanUpUtility.exe this will delete the driver that Windows 7 automatically installed. When the Utility completes it will ask to reboot, allow it do so, then procede to install the windows vista version of your printer driver from the Dell website. Cho Yung Tea

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Joeten,

Thank you for your time and reply. I have tried to install the drivers in compatibility mode, yet could not succeed.

Initially I have removed the printer from my "devices and printers"

Then I have run the "DellXPCleanupUtility" Patch

Then I have installed the Printer drivers "922ENA04" in Vista compatibility mode. When the program asks me to connect the printer, I did that and turned it on, but it says that "the installation was not successful."

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Sincerely,
Chai

·
Microsoft-Team Manager , Hardware - Team Manager
68,800 Posts
Hi was this printer not meant originally for xp

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.