Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello. I've been trying to solve this issue by myself and made no progress. Could someone please help me to resolve this issue?

A couple of months ago I bought a new PC (specs at the end of this post), but not too long ago some weird stuff started happening.

The moment I got my hands on this computer I did some overclocking. Everything seemed stable with CPU @ 4GHz and RAM @ 1450MHz 8-8-8-20. Ran a few stress tests to be sure, but my PC completely locked up when I ran prime95's blend test (ran without errors with four instances of small FFTs test though). Well, I thought the overclock isn't stable, so I tried running the same blend test at stock settings. Once again the system locked up. I can see the desktop, but can't move the mouse, everything's not responding.

That's when random system crashes started to occur. Or at least they seem to be random. The crash I'm talking about is this: suddenly the monitor goes black and a "No signal" sign appears. At the same time fans ramp up to 100%. After that I have to manually reboot the system by holding the power button for a few seconds. Sometimes everything works flawlessly for a few days, then I get this crash. I got this crash when: watching videos on youtube, surfing the internet, gaming, even doing nothing.

I suspect it may be a hardware problem. Possibly the graphics card or the PSU. However today even BSODs started to appear! The only instance it happens is when I open EVGA Precision (I was using Precision ever since I got this PC and haven't had any problems till today). The second I open EVGA Precision I get a blue screen (RTcore64.sys and several codes, which change every time it happens).

Things I did:
1. Reinstalled Realtek and Nvidia drivers (used DriverSweeper before installing new ones).
2. Checked the temperatures - CPU never goes over 50C under load. I'm not so sure of the GPU. One time before the system crashed temperature was 65C (idle), but it's way below the TJ Max, so I guess this shouldn't be a problem.
3. Ran memtest86. After it passed 3 runs I stopped testing.
4. Tried putting RAM in different slots.
5. Tried putting the graphics card in a different PCI-E slot.
6. Ran an in-depth anti-virus scan.
7. Checked for HDD errors using TuneUp 2010.
8. Tried using system restore.

I'm at my wits end whether it's a hardware or a software problem..or even both. Sorry for the long post, hope I didn't forget anything.

Thank You for Your time!

System specs:
CPU: Intel Core i3 530
MB: MSI P55-GD65 (latest BIOS)
VGA: XFX GTS 250 512mb
PSU: Corsair VX550
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tracer Blue 2x1GB 1333MHz DDR3
HDD: WD Caviar Blue 500GB
CPU cooler: ProlimaTech Megahalems Rev.B (with Scythe's 1450rpm Gentle typhoon fan)
Case: Nexus Clodius1

EDIT: Forgot to mention - every time the system crashes a new instance of Kernel Power (41) Critical error in Event Viewer appears.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.