Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,
I'm dual-booting Ubuntu 9.10 and Win 7. At apartment, all is fine, and both systems can access anything without problem. But at work, windows 7 starts getting problems trying to access any other site other than google. It just loads continuously.. You'd think that this might be a network issue, but why do those other sites work fine in Ubuntu?
It's strange.. also cannot connect to certain other clients that I've tried. Google really is the only thing that works..at least that I've found so far.
Really have no clue! :D
Any help would be great :]
thanks!

Edit: I might add, that on occasion, win 7 has worked fine.. just.. most of the time not.

·
Registered
17 Posts
this might sound stupid but make sure the time on the computer is rite... if you dont have the rite year set some sites wont load and windows update wont work

·
Registered
17 Posts
are you useing firefox for windows 7... cuz i no ubuntu uses firefox and windows uses internet exploror by default and maybe theres somthing wrong with ie

·
Registered
248 Posts
Will the google searches actually go through. or is it just the home page that loads?

What error evntually appears once the browser realises the page is unable to load?

IS your copy of windows legit?

Have you talked to your network technicians at work? They possibly have some security in place around the proxy blocking your access. Go talk to them, but my guess is you aren't supposed to be taking a pc/laptop to work anyways.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for replies guys!

Using firefox on both win and ubu.
Google searches go through, but you just can't access the pages in the results.. kinda hangs loading and doesn't get anywhere..
Legit windows, but it's the RC!
It may be the network.. but it wouldn't explain ubu working, and the infrequent working of windows itself too..! Well.. there could be an explanation,... I suppose!
Crazy tho!
:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.