Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Windows 7 Boot Manager error 0xc000000f
error says
"Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1: Insert your installation disc and restart your computer
2: Choose your language settings and then click "Next"
3: Click "Repair Your Computer"

If you do not have this disc. contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assisstance.

Info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible ."

Please help me, I use this lap top for work! And I need it to be okay ASAP, I do not have any installation disc or recovery disc.i can't even access the save mode, please help me and is it possible not to reformat the lap top? Because I have really important documents in it, can't lose it.. I really need help desperately.. I'm running a Lenovo g480.. Thank you on advance for your advice!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I on my lap top after the bios screen it will turn into black screen, around 30-40 sec it will say the error I posted...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have recently installed a software, and when I'm doing my work my laptop just hang and I can't do anything even pressing ctr alt delete won't help so I force shut down and this is when the error occur, it there anyway I can access my laptop so that I can delete the software?? ):

·
TSF Registered Member
266 Posts
System Restore

System Restore does not cause you to lose your personal files or password. Items like documents, e-mail messages, browsing history, and the last specified password are saved when you revert to an earlier state with System Restore.

System Restore protects your personal files by not restoring any files in the My Documents folder. It also does not restore any files that use common data file name extensions, such as .doc or .xls.

If a program was installed after the restore point that you are restoring to was created, the program might be uninstalled as part of the restoration process. Data files that are created with the program are not lost. However, in order to open the files again, you must reinstall the associated program.
----------------
This sounds more like the hard disc is on it's way out. What diagnostics have you performed on the harddrive? I would suggest slaving the drive and start with running crystal disc too see what the SMART status reports.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
But I just brought the laptop last month, And I only have documents in it, no other software.. I didn't perform any diagnostics, and I can't, right after the bios screen it just went black screen, there's nothing I can do...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Alright, I will give it a try, hope every will be okay by tomorrow, thanks for the advice, get back to you if it still don't work...?

·
Premium Member
5,566 Posts
If that fails from another PC...

Downloading UBCD which is in my signature.Burn the ISO Image to a blank CD using Imgburn (How to burn a ISO Image using Imgburn) burn at lowest speed. With the newly burned cd boot with the cd go to HDD>Diagnostics>The make and model of your hard drive, Seagate, Maxtor, Drive Fitness which is Hitachi, Or Western Digital. Perform a short and long test. Could also be called "Standard" and "Extended" test or also "Comprehensive" test. The Seagate hard drive test will work on most drives.

If you can not find the right test for your hard drive your OEM computer may have it's own hard drive diagnostics testing tool. Refer to your OEM computer documentation to find out how to access these test. Also try going to the manufacture of your machine to find documentation about it. Also consider going to the manufacture of your hard drive to look to see if they have hard drive diagnostics test. The ideal test or method would include an ISO that could be burned via an image to a cd which would be made bootable.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.