Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

i have 2 pc`s, desktop and a notebook, desktop with winxp sp2 and notebook with win7 ultimate, i have a broadband dial up internet connected to dektop and ICS configured to its (desktops) Bluetooth adaptor Via USB Bluetooth dongle, I connect my notebook to desktop through through bluetooth PAN AD-HOC, i get connected to internet on notebook but it gets disconnected frequently, say in 2 min, every time i have 2 reconnect it .I have checked all the necessary setting and everythin pls somebody help me :(

·
Visiting Expert, Microsoft Support Team
421 Posts
Hi Samrat, welcome to the forums. I'm doing some research on your problem, but can you give me the specific model for your Bluetooth adapter? The first thing I suspect is that you may be getting out of range for your adapter. Most Bluetooth adapters I've seen have a range of 10 meters, but that is also the ideal range, and when you're using it indoors, that range can go down considerably.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dear Raddy Thanks a million for readin my post and takin initiative 2 reply, c i know range matters a lot so normally i just keep my notebook 2-3 feets away from desktop and secondly i also knw line of sight doesnt matter but still my notebok faces the desktop. now the USB bluetooth adapter dongle @ desktop is Accel bluetooth device configured by IVT Blue soleil 6.2 software and at the notebook end there is Onboard Broadcom bcm2070 both adpaters configured and working fine with wireless audio via cell phone etc etc

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.