Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

My brother is using Windows 7 and suddenly after boot menu the computer reaches his wallpaper, with the mouse icon moving fine but no foldiers, files, startmenu or anything else showing.

I people with the same problem online opened Task Manager and opened Explorer.exe to make it work, only Ctrl Alt Del brings us to a black screen which disappears after a few seconds and take us back to the blank wallpaper. I can reach the Control Panel or anything else really when I right click the wallpaper and go to any of the options that bring me into some folder.. but when I'm in a folder and click anything, it won't work. I tried to open Task Manager like that too, or even Explorer.exe, but nothing happens.

Safe Mode works fine bytheway and can't seem to find any errors.

He doesn't have an Anti Virus has his subscription finished lately.. I tried to download AVG during safe mode with networking, but I'm unsure whether it's doing the job right..

Any other options?

Thanks in advance,
Liron.

·
Enthusiast
4,527 Posts
"He doesn't have an Anti Virus has his subscription finished lately"

Big mistake. A PC without up-to-date antivirus software will become infected with malware within hours if it's connected to the internet. Please post on the malware forum here: Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help - Tech Support Forum

You must install an up-to-date antivirus as a first step, otherwise the advice you get from the malware forum on removing existing malware will be a waste of time as your PC will just get infected again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.