Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure whether this issue was posted before. However i get an error (memory limit on server error) when using the search functionality. Therefore i thought of posting it anyway.

Yesterday i installed the Everest home edition and after the installation and during my first use, i got an error from windows saying that the program tried to install unsigned drivers and the current version of windows i'm using does not allow any unsigned drivers.

As expected none of the sensor information were present in Everest except for the CPU temp. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of this? I heard that there is a boot option to avoid this. Any help would be appreciated :smile:

·
Administrator, Manager, Microsoft Support, MVP
34,389 Posts
Windows 7 x64, like Vista x64 requires digitally signed drivers. If not signed, they will not load.

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/winlogo/drvsign/drvsign.mspx

You can try to boot into SAFEMODE and disable driver signing, but I cannot tell you off hand what other problems that selection may produce.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.....anyway one of my friends had found a small patch or hack which brings up the advanced start menu on boot up automatically and selects the option to boot the "allow unsigned drivers to install automatically" boot option. But i'm unsure to apply it since it seems to be more of a hack than a solution :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.