Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a clean copy of Windows 7. I reinstalled MS Office 2007. Everything works except Outlook. When it boots, I get several windows. One says " "Configuring Outlook accounts". The other window says: "Can not open default email folders. The information store can not be opened."

I click on OK and Outlook closes.

I have de-installed Office and reinstalled it several times. All other Office programs open and function OK. My Office 2007 is a legal copy and has no problem when I type in registration code to complete the install.

Is there a solution to this problem. I did back up Outlook before installing Windows 7 but backup is .pst file and I can not restore it because Outlook will not open..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I installed a clean copy of Windows 7. I reinstalled MS Office 2007. Everything works except Outlook. When it boots, I get several windows. One says " "Configuring Outlook accounts". The other window says: "Can not open default email folders. The information store can not be opened."

I click on OK and Outlook closes.

I have de-installed Office and reinstalled it several times. All other Office programs open and function OK. My Office 2007 is a legal copy and has no problem when I type in registration code to complete the install.

Is there a solution to this problem. I did back up Outlook before installing Windows 7 but backup is .pst file and I can not restore it because Outlook will not open..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.