1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there my dear tech support erm... dudes :smooch:

here's the issue

My friend has a problem with win2k user registration

A few days ago his computer crashed and when it restarted his proflie got "deleted?" and he could only log on as the systam administrator, no traces in users and passwords.The only trace is on documents and settings.. which introduced his user directory and another unidentified user (again I stress out they are no traces of the user in any part of windows... not even the registery).

The problem WAS fixed by copying over an existing user profile, but I think it's hardly an answer.. furthermore some programs like outlook express for example, keeps asking for his internet password... ?!

I thank you for your time and if you have some sort of a more normal solution I hope you'll put it down

Overlook

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
I believe the horse is out of the barn. :rolleyes: The "more normal" solution is to have regular backups, I do daily backups of Documents & Settings, and weekly GHOST images of my boot partition.

·
Citizen of the world
51,041 Posts
I don't use Previo, but all of my backups are automated. They run in the middle of the night, when I come in and check the logs in the morning, all is well. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.