Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SYS CONFIG(original)Intel 845 GBV motherboard 512MB(266Mhz)RAM,
Display-Sis 300/305 32MB AGP,Onboard sound-SoundMAX sound drivers.Processor-1.5Ghz

I installed my board sound drivers in 2003 Server OS on my System.After install it diaplays a msg "update your drivers it supports only win98se/2000/..".But sound works.My OS being 2003 are there any probs with quality of sound.Though I use creative Inspire 2.1 speakers my system sound doesnot look clear!!!!I know my board doesnot support 4.1 and above...Is it suggestable to install a sound card with good bit sound! say 24-bit..Of so which one??what will be my onboard?Is it 16-bit !!-
I could not find any sound (and display)drivers for this Intel 845 GBV Board in Intel Site for my Windows 2003 Server OS.

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Win2K3 is a server OS normally servers reside in a room or closet all to themselves. Much of the glamour, bells and whistles are usually not installed because the environment that a server is in wouldn't be productive. Therefore most companies that make enhancement computer peripherals will not support Win2K3 because the clientele that buy the hardware normally use their hardware on a consumer or workstaion machine using a client or workstaion OS like WinXP.
Most of the drivers that work with Win2K or WinXP will work on Win2K3. However since this is a server OS, don't get your hopes up on every driver working on this.

Unless you plan on using it for a development machine, you might be better of installing WinXP.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.