Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Greetings to all. Four days back we added a new Windows 2003 server with our existing network & promoted it as PDC as there were no PDC. I managed to create users and groups & things were just perfect till I tried to add groups inside groups.

I've created all groups using the default settings windows 2003 set for groups during creating. Ex: "Security Group-Global"

When I tried to add "xyz group (Security Group-Global)" with "abc" another Security Group-Global, ADC gave me "Object not found" error.

In order to overcome this issue, I had to raise the domain functional level from "mixed" to "Windows 2003 native mode" which allowed me to add Security Groups inside other Security groups.

Now my questions are, is there any group policy settings available which can be altered to allow add a Security group inside another, when the server is running on "Mixed mode"?

If any, which parameters an administrator should alter to achieve this task?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Windows XP has the same limitation

Resolution said:
I'm afraid nested groups will only work for you in native mode.
Thank you for the reply Resolution. By the way, I tried adding groups inside groups with my windows xp professional, which didn't work either. Error was the same. Anyway I hope, as we don't have any child DCs running in the network, won't have problems related with native mode.

Thanks once again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.