Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep getting print spooler has cause an error and will be shut down. I lost al my printers and cannot reinstall them. System says it doesn't have enough rescources. Have a P4 1.6, 512 ram, 80GB hd. I don't want to have to reformat and reload. I have tried "repairing" and "last good reboot".
Any ideas?
Dave

·
Registered
289 Posts
What to try.

"Last known good config" is only helpful if you have not logged in again, after that forget it. Were there any changes made?:rolleyes: To get printing ASAP, go to start, settings, printers, right clk the printer to use, go to properties, on the "advanced" tab in the second option area down select the option to "Print directly to printer" this will aviod spooling, slows thing down, and is temp.:bandit: Though you say you "lost all the printers", are they physically there? Plugged in, power good, did you go and try to "Add new printer" and try to reinstall? How much of the 80GB is being used? Defrag if you can, you may have to delete some, to get the 20% free for Defrag to work. Some thing happened or was done, I don't think an OS reinstall is the answer. The OS is giving an error, it sees somethings up. Give more info if you still need help. What printers, on what ports, are the ports up and working, what did you check?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have only one printer, HP Laser Jet, it is ok. There ate no printers showing in printer folder and when I try to add one, system says I don't have enough resources. The only thing that I did was to add a fax program, "Bitware". The other printers that I had were Fax Drivers, one for WinFax Pro.
Thanks for the answer.
Dave

·
Registered
43 Posts
go to device manager, and see if any (!) appear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.