Tech Support banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other than playing with the NTOSKRNL.exe, how can I change the Windows 2000 boot logo? Or is the NTOSKRNL the only way?

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
I have done a little research and so far it appears that changing the ntoskrnl is the only way. I will look around some more today to see if I can find another way.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
That's the only way I know, is there any reason you want to find alternate methods (just curious) .... why not go with what works?:D

·
Registered
43 Posts
I found this method somewhere, in your Windows directory, editing logo.sys (its hidden) will change the boot sign. Im not sure if this is the same for Windows 2000 though, but see if you can find that file.

·
Registered
852 Posts
That's win95 and 98, dude. logon.sys was actually a bitmap (open it with paint) and is the "Windows is shutting down" screen, and logos.sys is a bitmap that says " its now safe to turn off your computer" I forgot what the beginning screen is called, but you can rename any .bmp file to one of the above and have allot of fun freaking your little friends out.

Make a bitmap on a black background with text that says "NOW FORMATTING C:\ " and rename it logon.sys. It's safe fun.

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
JAMMAN said:
.......Make a bitmap on a black background with text that says "NOW FORMATTING C:\ " and rename it logon.sys. It's safe fun........

Oh yeah, I am going to have some fun at work with this one.

:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.