Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, everyone who has the same problem and helps me Thank you.
So let's get to my problem
i have the new Windows 11 operating system and since then my front usb ports on the case no longer work i have already checked the maiboard usb cable it is plugged in and is still intact
on the mainboard the usb connections work, only at the front of the case they do not work sometimes the pc emits a short sound but then an error sound again,
does anyone have the same problem and can help me?
PS: I have updated all drivers in the device manager.

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
30,007 Posts
It's not listed among the known issues. Understand that 11 hasn't been released to the general public. Those on the Insider Program are basically guinea pigs. Report the issue to MS.

·
Manager, TSF Articles
38,390 Posts
That is not a Windows 11 problem. Your ports are controlled by the BIOS and this operates before Windows starts. I suggest you check all the header connections on your motherboard.

You might find the following video useful. I should make it clear that this is not a TSF video and we take no responsibility for its contents.

(8) How to Fix USB Ports Not Working in Windows 10/11 - YouTube

·
Global Moderator
Knowing how to use Google to solve problems
42,520 Posts
Press the Windows key +X and choose Device Manager. Do you have any devices with yellow flags? You didn't mention the make and model of your computer or motherboard? Go to the manufacturers Download Drivers site, type in your make and model # and download the Chipset driver, also if there is a separate download for USB 3.0 download that.
As you probably already know, the Front Panel USB ports are connected via a cable to the motherboard, where as the back USB ports are soldered onto the motherboard. Try reseating (Unplug then replug) the front panel USB port cable to the motherboard.
Boot into Setup (Bios) look for Peripherals and if Legacy USB is Disabled, using your Enter and Arrow keys, Enable it. You can also reset the Bios to Defaults.
If available from the Drivers page, Upgrade the Bios to the latest.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Unless you are an expert who feels some sort of need to have MS's latest and worst, stick to a version of Windows that actually works relatively well. Then normal troubleshooting has a fighting chance of fixing your problem. 11 - IMHO, in real life is being Alpha tested on people who just can't wait. Take all the existing Windows bugs, then add piles of new ones, and you've got 11 at this point. Using a brand new not fully tested version of Windows on what I'm guessing is your main PC is dangerous, IMHO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts