Tech Support Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
A quick search for touchpad issues W10 & W11 turned up these two results.
Off another website which I don't think I can link to.
So...

W10
Rectangle Font Circle Number Handwriting

W11
Rectangle Font Circle Number Screenshot

As well as this....

Rectangle Font Art Magenta Circle

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
My sister does not use MS Word so that is not her problem - but thans loads.
{I am a typist & I do use all of MS Office - never had a problem with myy touchpads - but then I also have my own copy of Office - and it is on my laptop not hers. --- Is the problem you mentioned above come from those who use the office files downloaded with the win10 and or win11? that might be the problem perhaps}

·
Registered
57 Posts
My sister does not use MS Word so that is not her problem - but thans loads.
{I am a typist & I do use all of MS Office - never had a problem with myy touchpads - but then I also have my own copy of Office - and it is on my laptop not hers. --- Is the problem you mentioned above come from those who use the office files downloaded with the win10 and or win11? that might be the problem perhaps}
It really has nothing to do with Windows 10 or 11, or even MS Word. The sensitivity can be set so high that just a slight brush across the touchpad while using the keyboard can cause a problem. My thought was that the touchpad may have inadvertently been disabled by a switch or a function on the keyboard. Things happen and people don't know what they did to cause it sometimes. Just check her laptop for a switch or a keyboard key that may have disabled the touchpad.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I may have missed it reading through the posts but have you tried using a mouse? That may help you get to where you can roll back to Win 10.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
It really has nothing to do with Windows 10 or 11, or even MS Word. The sensitivity can be set so high that just a slight brush across the touchpad while using the keyboard can cause a problem. My thought was that the touchpad may have inadvertently been disabled by a switch or a function on the keyboard. Things happen and people don't know what they did to cause it sometimes. Just check her laptop for a switch or a keyboard key that may have disabled the touchpad.
Sue installed the upgrade to Win11, all was going just fine, closed laptop down and went to bed. Got up the next morning, turning laptop on and had no cursor. Which makes no sense.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I may have missed it reading through the posts but have you tried using a mouse? That may help you get to where you can roll back to Win 10.
Previous comments state that yes she did get an ext. mouse & that is how I was able to go back to Win10 - same problem, no cursor.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I have tried all of the above. Nothing works. One thing I still do not know about is --- the drivers. Was told to download - which I did but then note on website stated I needed to install the I/O 1st or the drivers could mess up the laptop. So what do I do. Just uninstalling the 2 mouse drivers, restarting and they are reinstalled did not help.
Thanks loads.

·
Global Moderator
Knowing how to use Google to solve problems
42,865 Posts
We do not suggest installing any 3rd party Driver programs, which is free to download but probably costs to download any drivers. Drivers are always free to download and install. Plus there could be added malware software included.
Post in the Acer community Forum for better results. Or Contact Acer Support

·
Global Moderator
Knowing how to use Google to solve problems
42,865 Posts
A trackpad that doesn't work in Windows 10 and 11 is more likely a hardware failure. Where the trackpad ribbon cable has become detached from the motherboard.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
A trackpad that doesn't work in Windows 10 and 11 is more likely a hardware failure. Where the trackpad ribbon cable has become detached from the motherboard.
I hope upgrading to Win11 did not make the ribbon cable become detached. { thankfully I was able to get rid of win11 within 10 days}

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Here is the Aspire Download Page for your model Product Support | Acer United Kingdom Here, Please Select your Windows OS version; and download the Chipset, Trackpad and Serial I/O driver, and any other drivers that are needed from the Device Manager
Went to acer -USA & to UK - after changing to A515-44 SNID: 02101585276 Found on Acer care center (I think) - not what I had copied from back of laptop. - But neither have an I/O driver --- Will another model I/O work???
Attached is what I took snipit if you need more info. Also No chipset on either location - at least not for A515-44

Attachments

21 - 40 of 49 Posts