Tech Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an HP All-in-One 24-xa0018na computer which has run on the Windows 10 operating system without any problems. I was prompted to upgrade to Windows 11 but when I did so the computer drops out repeatedly from the work screen to the sign-in screen after about 15 seconds. I have tried to disable and change various power, sleep options but this does not clear the problem. I even used gpedit.msc to disable lock screen but that did not work.

Fortunately, I was able to revert back to Windows 10. Has anyone any suggestions for fixing this problem with Windows 11?

· Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice. I installed Windows 11 using the Settings > Windows Update process and so I would expect this to work the same as a subsequent repair install of Windows 11 (on the same day). Surely it uses the same files and unlikely to fix the problem.

· TSF Moderator , Hardware Team , Networking Team
11,903 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
I have an HP All-in-One 24-xa0018na computer which has run on the Windows 10 operating system without any problems. I was prompted to upgrade to Windows 11 but when I did so the computer drops out repeatedly from the work screen to the sign-in screen after about 15 seconds. I have tried to disable and change various power, sleep options but this does not clear the problem. I even used gpedit.msc to disable lock screen but that did not work.

Fortunately, I was able to revert back to Windows 10. Has anyone any suggestions for fixing this problem with Windows 11?
I found of way of stopping my PC dropping repeatedly into sleep mode after about 10 seconds, even though the power/sleep setting was set to 30 minutes. I set the sleep mode to "Never". I would like to be able to use the sleep mode and so I downloaded the Windows ISO file and installed it on a flash drive. I tried a reinstall of Window 11 from the flash drive but the Windows 11 Setup failed - I got the "Windows 11 installation has failed" error message. So I am stuck with the "Never" sleep setting. Is there anything more I can do to get the sleep mode working properly?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts