Tech Support banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been attempting to get my computer working properly for the past 2 or so weeks now and decided to just ask for help here. My computer has a ryzen 7 2700X cpu with the stock wraith cooler, a red devil vega 56 gpu, 16 gb of 3000 MHz ddr4 corsair vengeance rgb pro ram in slots 1 and 2 of the motherboard ( they are 1 slot apart from each other and in proper configuration), an X470 aorus ultra gaming am4 socket motherboard, an evga 600BQ 80 plus bronze cetified psu, a 500Gb Nvme WD_Black SN750 western digital 80mm m.2 ssd in the motherboards primary slot. 1 thermaltake fan, 4 other random fans from around my house, the best dvd re writtable drive I could find, 1 rgb led, and a cheap chinese Qualcomm wifi 5 card. all of this is also inside of a g5 mac pro tower.

Now onto the problem, I installed windows to start, got my motherboard drivers installed, the chinese Qualcomm wifi card drivers installed, then the amd crimsion software on the disc that can with my gpu, then I updated to the most recent version of the adreniline software, 17.4.1 and boom black screen, frozen computer. If I try and reboot the computer it just frezzes while it is loading. If I get it to go into safe mode I can uninstall the radeon rx device in device manager and then it will load windows again.

Now I have tried display driver unistaller, I have tried almost every adreniline software version, I tried looking to the bios for an answer, unpluging all but essential things from the computer, reseating the gpu, cpu, using different ram, a different gpu. I can't seem to figure out what the hell is wrong, so if you have experianced this before or know what is wrong or need more information please reply and help me out, this computer is starting to drive me insane.

Also my windows version is windows 10 v 1903, build 18362.30 if that helps any.

·
Team Manager - Hardware, Acting Manager, Security
14,732 Posts
For one thing using an older version of Windows 10 I would not be using the newest Adrenaline software version and honestly why would you use 1903 anyway when 2004 is the current version? You can go here and update to 20045 then try again. Download Windows 10

·
14,732 Posts
Also are you ocing the memory as you would have to for 3000 speed ram on that board. What else are you ocing ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also are you ocing the memory as you would have to for 3000 speed ram on that board. What else are you ocing ?
I am not over clocking at all, in fact, I am underclocking the ram to 2666 MHz also I am in the process if installing windows version 2004 at the moment, my internet is very slow though

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can you run HWMonitor from time to time? HWMONITOR | Softwares | CPUID

What it does is that it keeps tracks of the temperature of everything in your PC, and considering the speed-up of the fan it might be (but not necessarily is the cause) that your PC overheats for some reason. Just the program running from time to time while you're utilizing the PC and save the monitoring data (sadly there's no auto-save function in it).
cpstest
I recommend keeping track of it for at least a few days to maybe a full week, that should provide sufficient data to conclude whether or not the heat is the issue here.

·
14,732 Posts
I am not over clocking at all, in fact, I am underclocking the ram to 2666 MHz also I am in the process if installing windows version 2004 at the moment, my internet is very slow though
Well that's great I would hold oiff on any newer video drivers until 2004 is complete though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am not overclocking any of my components in fact I am underclocking my ram to 2666MHz, also the new version of windows didn't fix it either. Do you have any other ideas?

·
441 Posts
There is a lot of crucial info missing here like did the PC ever work right? If it did was it in the same configuration? I realize the 2700x/combo is slightly older that's why I ask if this unit has ever worked right with this or in any other configuration? From what I read you were sailing along alright until your AMD GPU drivers/Software were installed. If I were you just for the sake of testing I would borrow an nvidia GPU (even a cheap older model) or if you have one around and see how your system behaves. Your specific GPU might need a vBIOS update to work with current AMD software and drivers well (crazy I know). I would also heed the above advice and get on the latest Windows 10 version and once installed DO NOT install AMD Adrenaline drivers at all just see how your rig operates without the new Adrenaline drivers and with just the MS Default drivers. Set your display's default res-htz, and load up some youtube vids, music, even fire up a game or two if you do not have any issues without any software installed and you are merely using your GPU with default AMD MS Windows drivers but this issue is only when you install the latest Adrenaline I would suspect that your GPU has direct issue with something in the drivers/software and look for a vBIOS update or contact AMD/GPU manufacturer at the same time (in the same email) and ask what the potential issue might be.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts