Tech Support banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody
I noticed something strange happening on my Thinkpad X1 Extreme Gen 2 with Windows 10 Home. I conncect to the Internet via Wi-Fi and am using NordVPN to protect my connections. Normally, the Windows connection Icon and Information look like in the following 2 pictures:

However, irregularly but continuously, the Icon and the Information changes to what can be seen in the next two pictures:

At first glance, it seems like my Wi-Fi did disconnect. However, as far as I can tell, the Internet connection still works even when in this condition, so the Wi-Fi cannot be disconnected as it is the only connection this Laptop has installed.

What did I try already:
-Restart the Router/WAP numerous time
-Restart the Laptop numerous times
-Repositioned the Router/WAP to rule out disconnection due to bad connection
-ipconfig release and ipconfig renew
I do not think the Internet connection drops entirely, as I can access websites at all times and I see no dropping connection in Task Manager's performance section. Does anybody know what is happening here and how I can stop this continuous switching?

·
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
27,729 Posts
When it happens look in the (∧) cause it might just be hiding there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thank both of you for your answer, I will search the Nord Forum if anyone has the same problem already solved as a next step. Have a good day

1 - 4 of 4 Posts